ABO announces 2017/18 Find Your Way cohort12:18, 10th October 2017
The Association of British Orchestras has announced the new cohort selected for ‘Find Your Way’, its annual programme of sector-specific mentoring and placements for senior and emerging managers in ABO member organisations.
The nine-month programme offers professional development based around a tailored individual development plan co-developed with an experienced coach.
The successful applicants for 2017/18 are:
- Claire Bayliss, orchestra manager, City of London Sinfonia
- Toks Dada, programme coordinator, Town Hall Symphony Hall, Birmingham
- Helen Dunne, orchestra manager, Royal Opera House
- Simon Fairclough, director of development, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- Nick Jackman, development director, London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Annie Lydford, head of communications, English National Opera
Richard Wigley, managing director of the Ulster Orchestra and founder of Wigley Arts Management Ltd, will lead the programme. He will be joined by leadership trainer Andy Beaumont and Fiona Harvey, ABO education and youth ensembles consultant, the programme’s project manager.
Participants will be expected to drive their own knowledge, skills and profile, assisted by mentoring from orchestra CEOs. It is expected that those on the scheme will contribute towards their mentor’s orchestra through assisting on agreed projects, research and ideas, to bring valuable new thinking to their own organisations, and to curate a ‘Fresh Thinking’ session at the ABO Annual Conference. They will also attend a residential course at Snape Maltings, made possible by the Jerwood Charitable Foundation.
Alumni from the pilot and first years will be actively involved in the programme. These include Cath Arlidge, CBSO; Patrick McCarthy, Ulster Orchestra; Jenny Chadwick, Academy of St Martin in the Fields; Matt Downes, Welsh National Opera; and Jeongmin Kim, London Philharmonic Orchestra.