Jonathan Plowright: Sarabande (No.2) from Humoresques de Concert, Op.14 by Ignacy Jan Paderewski04/02/2016
Hailed by reviewers as “a colossal musical mind” with a “transcendent technique”, Jonathan Plowright is recognised globally as a truly exceptional pianist.
This performance is from his Rhinegold LIVE recital which coincided with the launch of Brahms vol. 3 – the third disc in his acclaimed series with Swedish label BIS.
- Jonathan Plowright: Menuet (No.1) from Humoresques de Concert, Op.14 by Ignacy Jan Paderewski
- Jonathan Plowright: Variations on ‘Ah, vous dirai-je, Maman’ by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Jonathan Plowright: Scherzo No 2 in Bb minor, Op. 31 by Frédéric Chopin
- Carolyn Sampson & Joseph Middleton: Les roses d’Isaphan by Gabriel Fauré
- The Phoenix Interviews: Part V – Carbon Fibre Actions
- Andrew Litton: ‘Round Midnight
- Mary Bevan: Echo by Richard Peirson
- Nicholas McCarthy: Nocturne for the left hand, Op. 9 by Alexander Scriabin
- Charles Owen: Partita No. 1 in B flat BWV 825: Gigue by J.S. Bach
- The Allegri Quartet: String Quartet No. 3 in D major, Op 18 No. 3: Andante con moto by Ludwig van Beethoven