- Julian Lloyd Webber takes up post at Birmingham Conservatoire
Julian Lloyd Webber starts work today as the new principal of Birmingham Conservatoire.
- Music Teacher launches teaching materials resource
From 1 July, MT’s extensive archive of teaching materials will be available to access on a per-item basis.
- NYO announces summer programme, including concert in Berlin
The National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain (NYO) will perform its first international concert in 20 years this summer.
- RADA launches new musical theatre course
The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London is expanding its musical theatre offering with the launch of a new course.
- July issue out now
Percussion focus! Transform your whole-class teaching with world music, discover the merits of marching bands & tips for drum exams
Contents for Music Teacher
- Early developers: How young is too young? Toots for tots at prestigious Wigmore Hall
- Volume control: Protect your pupils before it’s too late
- LSO Discovery: The trailblazing orchestral outreach programme turns 25
- More than Ten Pieces: What not to miss at this summer’s Proms, for you and your pupils
- Retiring hero: MT contributor Michael Round ends a 40-year career in Kingston
- MT July 2015
- Percussion Focus
- How world music can transform a school
Stepping to it
The resurgence in marching bands
Drum kit exams
Making them work for pupils and teachers