- YCAT selects three young artists for representation
A violinist, a pianist and a guitarist have become the latest young musicians to be selected for representation by the Young Classical Artists Trust (YCAT).
- RCM tops Guardian university league table 2016
The RCM was the only institution to score maximum marks of 100 in the table, which compares how final-year music students at a number of different institutions perceive their course.
- Chetham's student Yuanfan Yang wins Cleveland piano competition
A student at Chetham’s School of Music in Manchester has won first prize in the senior division of the Cleveland International Piano Competition’s Young Artists Competition.
- Manchester’s RNCM introduces principal study recorder options
The Royal Northern College of Music (RNCM) in Manchester will introduce principal study options in recorder from September at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Jonathan Dove children's opera to mark LSO Discovery 25th anniversary
The London Symphony Orchestra (LSO) will mark the 25th anniversary of its LSO Discovery education programme with the performance of a new children’s opera by Jonathan Dove this summer.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Come and play: How the Hallé Orchestra reaches around 18,000 school kids a year
- Dawsons Music: How a Warrington music shop became an international music education supplier
- Bach in harmony: Christopher Mabley concludes his examination of the Bach chorale with a plan for a more active and informed way of using this wonderful resource
Election time: As the general election hoves into view – and who knows what it will bring? – MT collects some pre-vote voices from across the sector
- The Tech issue
Top of the class
Making the best of Touchpress’s high quality apps
How software can help run a music department
‘Flipping the classroom’
How one app developer hopes to put an end to teachers correcting mistakes