- David Cameron talks about music education in Classic FM interview
Reading, writing and numeracy must come before music education, David Cameron has said in an interview with Classic FM.
- Tenor Alfie Boe becomes patron of Blackburn with Darwen music education hub
Opera singer Alfie Boe has become a patron of the Blackburn with Darwen Music Education Hub. The tenor, who was born in Fleetwood, Lancashire, has agreed to pay regular visits to the hub’s base and help to raise its profile.
- NYO launches new Inspire Orchestra to encourage participation in music
The National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain (NYO) has created a new orchestra that will tour the UK encouraging schoolchildren from all backgrounds to connect with classical music.
- Music Mark introduces membership category for schools
Music Mark, the national association for music education, has created a new membership category for schools.
- Music teacher Judith Kleinman launches Chairs for Children campaign
A double bass player and teacher at the Junior Royal Academy of Music is heading a campaign for schools to provide children with more comfortable chairs.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Come and play: How the Hallé Orchestra reaches around 18,000 school kids a year
- Dawsons Music: How a Warrington music shop became an international music education supplier
- Bach in harmony: Christopher Mabley concludes his examination of the Bach chorale with a plan for a more active and informed way of using this wonderful resource
Election time: As the general election hoves into view – and who knows what it will bring? – MT collects some pre-vote voices from across the sector
- The Tech issue
Top of the class
Making the best of Touchpress’s high quality apps
How software can help run a music department
‘Flipping the classroom’
How one app developer hopes to put an end to teachers correcting mistakes