- Birmingham Contemporary Music Group launches learning resources website
Birmingham Contemporary Music Group (BCMG) has created a free learning resources website to help teachers, children and young people to explore contemporary music and composing.
- Mayor’s Music Fund announces new scholars and partnership projects
The Mayor’s Music Fund has unveiled its latest scholarships and its planned partnership projects for 2015/16.
- Conference programme announced for Music Education Expo
Taking place on 25 and 26 February 2016 at Olympia Central, London, the event will offer two days of high-quality CPD, networking opportunities and the chance to try out hundreds of products.
- Nicola Benedetti appointed vice-president of NCOGB
The violinist is an alumnus of the NCO, having been appointed leader at the age of eight.
- October issue out now!
Contents for Music Teacher
- Man at the top: ABRSM’s new chief executive, Michael Elliott
- Magna Songs: A project in four Wiltshire special schools, inspired by the ideals of Magna Carta
- Inclusive instruments: The many options and opportunities in assistive technology
- Drake Music Scotland: Why the charity is campaigning in support of musicians with disabilities
- MT October 2015
- Strings focus
Miloš on his own education – and the burden of the classical tradition
Pro Corda and ChamberStudio
The RNCM’s unorthodox new violin professor
Double bass and viola
How teachers can help protect these endangered species