- London Children Smash World Samba Record
Over 1,600 children, aged 7 to 16, from 27 London schools, have broken the world record for the largest samba band.
- European Youth Summer Music in 22nd Year
The 22nd European Youth Summer Music (EYSM) takes place from 3-9 August at Ardingly College in West Sussex.
- Royal Marines Attempt World's Longest Drum Roll
This May Bank Holiday, over 50 members of the Royal Marines Corps of Drums (COD) will attempt to break the world record for the longest continuous drum roll.
- Music For All Announces Learn To Play
The third national Learn To Play Day will take place on 12 April.
- Head Teachers At Risk of Breaching Lifetime Tax Allowance
MyCSP, UK central government’s first mutual joint venture and administrator of the civil service pension scheme, is urging teachers to be aware of the effect that new reductions in taxation limits may have on their pensions.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Rock your syllabus: Matt Allen argues for meeting your students at their taste
- BIMM: the college where you learn direct from industry veterans
- Can hip-hop work in your classroom?
- ABO: reaching out to youth orchestras
- Teaching sounds and symbols at Key Stage 2
- Reviewer focus: our bassoon and flute correspondents give their product recommendations