- Reeltime Music plans outreach events in schools across Lanarkshire
Lanarkshire music education charity Reeltime Music is planning a new series of outreach events in schools across the county.
- Musical Futures to become independent from Paul Hamlyn Foundation
Musical Futures, the movement to reshape music education in a way that is driven by teachers, will become independent this month, moving away from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation.
- Rhinegold TV launches with international artists: set to include full Expo sessions from mid-April
Rhinegold Publishing has launched Rhinegold TV, which will host content from Rhinegold’s own events including the Rhinegold LIVE concert series and Music Education Expo, as well as content from partner producers, at www.rhinegold.co.uk/tv/.
- Tower Hamlets schools set for Spitalfields Music's Takeover Spring Festival
Three schools in Tower Hamlets will be bursting with music, art installations, activities and performances this week thanks to a project run by local charity Spitalfields Music..
- New courses at University of Huddersfield and Colchester Institute
Two UK educational institutions have introduced new music courses designed to appeal to students who wish to specialise in different aspects of music study.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Music Tracks: Individual assessment in a small group setting
- MT meets National Foundation for Youth Music's executive director Matt Griffiths
- Notes from St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School in Basildon, one of the featured schools in Channel 4’s Don’t Stop the Music, featuring pianist James Rhodes
Simultaneous learning: Paul Harris explains the importance of strategic approach
- The rock, pop and jazz issue
School of rock
Assessment is an integral part of teaching but when it comes to the plethora of non-classical exams on the market it’s tough to know where to start. MT’s resident guitar expert Al Summers offers an overview
The Glee Effect
The rise of reality TV singing competitions and that US comedy-drama series has placed renewed pressure on vocal teaching. Jeremy Fisher offers some sage advice
Got that Swing?
Pro-musicians and ABRSM examiners Mark Armstrong and Alexander L’Estrange share some engaging tips for teaching jazz. Be prepared to sing!