- Discord at the NCO
Rival website calls for resignation of trustees
- £21.3 million of music service funding under threat
ISM ramps up 'Protect Music Education' campaign in protest
- Overhauled music GCSEs and A Levels to be taught from 2016
Education Secretary says new qualifications will 'address the pernicious damage caused by grade inflation'
- New GCSEs to be benchmarked internationally
England's GCSE pupils will be benchmarked against high-performing international counterparts from 2017
- James Rhodes tackles music education in new Channel 4 series
Channel 4 has commissioned Fresh One to make a three-part series in which pianist James Rhodes aims to get Britain playing again by launching this country’s biggest ever ‘instrument amnesty’.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Conservatoire Performance: What can our elite institutions do for your career?
- Professional Development: John Kelleher rounds up the best courses on offer
- The Value of a Music Degree: Tony Cliff spells it out
- Making the Grades: the maverick Nationwide Examinations
- Behind the Examiner's Desk: what are examiners looking for?
- The Full English: The English Folk Song and Dance Society's biggest education project to date
- Vocal Clinic: Singing through the break
- All Together Now: The final instalment of Patrick Gazard's definitive guide to setting up a music ensemble