- Government 'lets children down' in music
Leading figures in the music industry say the Government has broken its promise to give every child in Britain the opportunity to learn a musical instrument.
- New Faces at Royal Welsh College
- El Sistema - a new publication polarises the music education community
A storm of words has erupted following the publication of ‘El Sistema: Orchestrating Venezuela's Youth’ (OUP). Geoff Baker, a Reader in the music department at Royal Holloway, University of London, wrote the book following extensive travel and research in Venezuela.
- Darren Henley appointed as chief executive of Arts Council England
The author of two major independent reviews into cultural education set to leave Classic FM after more than 20 years
- Spitalfields Music Chief Executive Abigail Pogson joins Sage Gateshead as Managing Director
After seven years as Chief Executive of Spitalfields Music Abigail Pogson has been appointed as Managing Director of Sage Gateshead. She will leave Spitalfields Music in May 2015 and the trustees will start recruitment for her successor in the New Year.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Learning on the job: Peter Moore talks about being the youngest-ever member of the LSO
- Self MOT: caring for your instrument and yourself
- Brass Paradise: discover the secrets to Eltham Collage's success
- Going Viral: Jon Payne on his letter to Nicky Morgan
- Ten Pieces: a teacher's view
- All I want for Christmas
- Expo 2015: first look
- Mathias's Legacy: the first 15 years of the Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias Music Centre
- Artistic Education: the revolutionary Urban Artist School