- Learn to Play Day 2016
This year's event will take place on 12 and 13 March.
- Children work with RNCM on new school song
Composer Kate Pearson and RNCM graduate Lucy Armstrong helped children from Reception to Year 6 to write the lyrics and melody for Look Inside through a series of workshops. The children then recorded the song in the RNCM concert hall accompanied by an ensemble of college students.
- Ben Parry to conduct the Scratch® Youth Messiah
This year's performance will take place at the Royal Albert Hall on 27 November.
- NYCGB and NYJO announce Shakespeare 400 national tourFeatured repertoire includes Duke Ellington’s Such Sweet Thunder Suite and choral settings ranging from Vaughan Williams to Owain Park, David Hamilton and Janet Wheeler.
- Ben Goldscheider to open the Music Education ExpoThe 18-year-old French horn player will give a short performance to open the 2016 event.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Practical classroom tech: A free slice of Sonic Pi
- Q&A: Music For Youth’s senior programmes manager, Kate Gardner
- Opinion: Why we need the National Youth Folk Ensemble
- Guitar, trumpet, piano, flute and book reviews
- MT February 2016
- Franchise this
Why running a group could be a useful move
A new framework
Use the network
Bridging early gaps with NYMAZ
Five years forward
What is the future for music education?
Running down the options
Primary music courses
Options for younger music-makers
Explore and evolve
Creating opportunities for disabled musicians in Liverpool
Looking ahead with the British Association for Music Therapy