- Manchester’s RNCM introduces principal study recorder options
The Royal Northern College of Music (RNCM) in Manchester will introduce principal study options in recorder from September at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Jonathan Dove children's opera to mark LSO Discovery 25th anniversary
The London Symphony Orchestra (LSO) will mark the 25th anniversary of its LSO Discovery education programme with the performance of a new children’s opera by Jonathan Dove this summer.
- Music teacher Lila Hallett receives local outstanding contribution award
A Cheshire music teacher has been honoured with the outstanding contribution award at a new awards ceremony.
- BBC Ten Pieces project extended to secondary schools
A new set of pieces has been chosen to tie into the 11-plus curriculum. Teachers will once again have access to a range of online resources to explore the works in their own lessons, encouraging pupils to respond to the music through composition, dance or art.
- Guildhall School awards joint Gold Medal in centenary year
The Guildhall School of Music and Drama has chosen joint winners for its 2015 Gold Medal.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Come and play: How the Hallé Orchestra reaches around 18,000 school kids a year
- Dawsons Music: How a Warrington music shop became an international music education supplier
- Bach in harmony: Christopher Mabley concludes his examination of the Bach chorale with a plan for a more active and informed way of using this wonderful resource
Election time: As the general election hoves into view – and who knows what it will bring? – MT collects some pre-vote voices from across the sector
- The Tech issue
Top of the class
Making the best of Touchpress’s high quality apps
How software can help run a music department
‘Flipping the classroom’
How one app developer hopes to put an end to teachers correcting mistakes