- Save the bassoon, plead virtuoso players
Virtuoso bassoonists Bram van Sambeek and Laurence Perkins are highlighting the scarcity of their instrument as part of a new campaign.
- August issue out now
Take a deep breath – wind issue out now! Top players teaching on tour, road testing beginner clarinets & new syllabuses for strings & harp
- Nominations open for Music Teacher Awards for Excellence
Nominations are now open for the 2016 Music Teacher Awards for Excellence.
- Guy Fletcher receives honorary degree from London College of Music
Songwriter Guy Fletcher has received an honorary degree from the London College of Music, part of the University of West London.
- RPS grants to benefit young musicians
The Royal Philharmonic Society has announced a number of new grants and commissions for young performers and composers. A total of £65k will be awarded to musicians at the start of professional careers for 2015/16.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Music at KS4: Ebacc aside, profiling the league table-enhancing options
- New string syllabuses: Refreshed options from Trinity and ABRSM
- Produced in China: Reporting from ZUMC, teaching China’s most employable production graduates
- MT August 2015
- Wind Focus
- Online tips from top player-teachers
Beyond the recorder at first access
30 years of (not only) flutes
What does Suzuki have to offer teachers and schools?