- Lesley-Ann Smith joins Kent Music as Head of Teaching and Learning
Music teacher and double bass player Lesley-Ann Smith has joined Kent Music as its new Head of Teaching and Learning, leading a network of more than 150 instrumental and vocal tutors working with up to 12,000 people a year across Kent and Medway.
- Government publishes new GCSE, AS and A Level subject content
DfE widens the controversial 1700 to 1900 requirement to conventional period boundaries
- Glyndebourne opens training scheme for young singers
- Vivienne Price Memorial Concert - 1 February at the Royal Festival Hall
A special memorial concert to celebrate her life and achievements will be held at the Royal Festival Hall on 1st February, at 5pm.
- Nicky Morgan announces music funding for 2015-16
Education Secretary Nicky Morgan has announced £109 million funding to support children’s cultural education programmes. A range of projects that support children’s music and other arts activities are to receive funding worth more than £109 million in the 2015 to 2016 financial year.
Contents for Music Teacher
- The World Choir Games: get your choir some international recognition
- Global Opportunities: overseas competitions
- How to Teach World Music
- Nordic Unrest: the Icelandic music teachers' strike
- Global Teacher Training: Andy Gleadhill reports from a unique trip to Malaysia
- MusicFirst: the results are in for the 'online classroom'
- Expo Inspirations: head of content Thomas Lydon explains his thinking
- Junior Academy turns 80
- Across the Great Divide: bridging the gap between academics and teachers
- Scratch Cello: Fiona Lau takes another Grade 1
- Global Music