- Ben Goldscheider to open the Music Education ExpoThe 18-year-old French horn player will give a short performance to open the 2016 event.
- Barry Ife to stand down as Guildhall School principal
Professor Barry Ife is to stand down as the principal of Guildhall School of Music & Drama after 12 years in the role.
- Responses to the EBacc consultation
Following the closure of the Department for Education's consultation on 'Implementing the English Baccalaureate' on Friday, some organisations have published their responses online.
- Students benefit from collaboration between classroom teachers and community music leaders
The interim results of Youth Music's Exchanging Notes programme show that collaboration between classroom teachers and community music leaders can lead to increased engagement in music and other subjects.
- Sing Up launches for secondary schoolsThe organisation has expanded its song bank to include song arrangements and resources designed for use with secondary-aged students.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Practical classroom tech: A free slice of Sonic Pi
- Q&A: Music For Youth’s senior programmes manager, Kate Gardner
- Opinion: Why we need the National Youth Folk Ensemble
- Guitar, trumpet, piano, flute and book reviews
- MT February 2016
- Franchise this
Why running a group could be a useful move
A new framework
Use the network
Bridging early gaps with NYMAZ
Five years forward
What is the future for music education?
Running down the options
Primary music courses
Options for younger music-makers
Explore and evolve
Creating opportunities for disabled musicians in Liverpool
Looking ahead with the British Association for Music Therapy