Music Teacher magazine is the essential meeting point and resource for music education practitioners.
Whether you teach class music, or are a peripatetic/private instrumental teacher, Music Teacher will provide you with invaluable ideas for your teaching, with substantial online lesson materials and a range of practical features. Packed with reviews, news, comment and debate, as well as the latest jobs, professional development opportunities and fantastic special offers, Music Teacher is all you need to teach music.
Contents for Music Teacher
- The brightest classroom music technology ideas
- Teaching music with apps
- Making digital portfolios for your students
- Teaching keyboard: a guide for piano teachers
- The story of Music Education Expo, the biggest ever UK conference for music teachers
- Is teaching parents alongside their children a good idea?
- Exploring developments in teacher training for secondary music teachers
- Q&A: Leslie East, ABRSM's new chief executive
- Instrumental teachers' bible: devising lessons
- Core repertoire: Debussy's piano preludes
- Transition ideas bank: musical workshopping
- Clinic: advice for pupils' parents on learning the piano
- My Music Education: Peter Dunkley, former chief executive, Northamptonshire Music Trust
View the full contents page for the latest issue here.
One of my ﬁrst jobs when I joined MT as deputy
editor in 2009 was to attend the launch of the then Labour government’s
Year of Music, an event characterised by the kind of talk that people
working in music education hear often: that music is wonderful, and that
it develops young people’s literacy, numeracy, self-esteem and much
But who remembers Labour’s Year of Music now? Four
years on I have come to believe that such familiar rhetoric is not
always enough to drive home the message that music is worth investing
in. Long term, the music education sector needs to ﬁnd new, more
creative ways to communicate the vital message that music matters. But
Continue reading the editorial...
Music Teacher available at even more newsagents
Music Teacher is now available at leading newsagents throughout the UK. An initiative called Just Ask! has been launched to help you order your favourite magazines. The scheme aims to raise awareness of how newsagents can stock, order and in some cases even deliver magazines to your home.
So, if you are still having trouble finding a copy, just download the form below and return it to your newsagent to ensure you get your copy of Music Teacher every month.
Download Just Ask form