- ABRSM publishes new strings syllabus
The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) has today released its new syllabus for bowed strings, with refreshed repertoire lists for violin, viola and cello.
- Julian Lloyd Webber takes up post at Birmingham Conservatoire
Julian Lloyd Webber starts work today as the new principal of Birmingham Conservatoire.
- Music Teacher launches teaching materials resource
From 1 July, MT’s extensive archive of teaching materials will be available to access on a per-item basis.
- NYO announces summer programme, including concert in Berlin
The National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain (NYO) will perform its first international concert in 20 years this summer.
- RADA launches new musical theatre course
The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London is expanding its musical theatre offering with the launch of a new course.
Contents for Music Teacher
- Early developers: How young is too young? Toots for tots at prestigious Wigmore Hall
- Volume control: Protect your pupils before it’s too late
- LSO Discovery: The trailblazing orchestral outreach programme turns 25
- More than Ten Pieces: What not to miss at this summer’s Proms, for you and your pupils
- Retiring hero: MT contributor Michael Round ends a 40-year career in Kingston
- MT July 2015
- Percussion Focus
- How world music can transform a school
Stepping to it
The resurgence in marching bands
Drum kit exams
Making them work for pupils and teachers