Nominations now open for MT Awards 2015
4 August 2014
Now in their third year, the Music Teacher Awards for Excellence are accepting nominations for 10 award categories.
Eleven awards will be presented at a gala evening at The Grange St Paul’s Hotel in London, on the first night of next year’s Music Education Expo (12 March 2015). Nominations for ten of the awards will be accepted until Friday 24 October 2014, and all sections of the public are welcome to put forward those they want to see celebrated!
This year’s awards will be judged by an experienced panel of judges, chaired by Music Teacher editor Tom Lydon. The panel will include Professor David Saint (principal, Birmingham Conservatoire); Lucy Johnstone-McCarthy (head of music, Baden-Powell and St Peter’s C of E Junior School); Paul McManus (chief executive, Music Industries Association), and Judith Webster (chief executive, Music For Youth).
2014 winners include Vivienne Price, In Harmony Opera North, Singing Playgrounds from Ex Cathedra, Baden-Powell and St Peter’s Junior School and Drake Music Scotland.
Two new categories have been added this year: the Musicians’ Union Inspiration Award, sponsored by the Musicians’ Union, and the Best Music Education Product Award. The full list of awards features:
· Best Musical Initiative Award, sponsored by the Royal Marines Band Service
· Best Print Resource Award, sponsored by Rhinegold Publishing Ltd
· Best Digital/Technological Resource Award
· Best SEN Resource Award
· Excellence in Primary/Early Years Music Award
· Best School Music Department Award, sponsored by the MMA (Music Masters
· Musicians’ Union Inspiration Award, sponsored by the Musicians’ Union – NEW
· Best Music Education Product Award – NEW
· Best Classical Music Education Initiative Award, sponsored by Classic FM
· Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by Black Cat Music and MusicPracticeRooms.com
And finally, for which nominations are not accepted:
· Music Teacher Magazine Editor’s Award, sponsored by Higgledy Piggledy Jazz
For more information about each award category, and to make a nomination, visit the Music Education Expo website.