Read all the latest news or see individual stories by clicking the links below.
- ENO appoints McKinsey’s Cressida Pollock as interim chief executive
Beleaguered London company pledges to 'rely less on public subsidy'
- Preview – Don Giovanni at sea
Oliver Mears directs a new production of Mozart’s opera in Bergen
- BBC Cardiff Singer of the World 2015 finalists announced
20 singers from Canada to Mongolia will compete in Cardiff, 14-21 June
- Gluck's Orfeo ed Eurydice at Scottish Opera
'A splendid production that allowed the music and singing to speak for themselves'
- Police investigation continues at Valencia's Palau de les Arts
Authorities under fire for ignoring accusations made in 2008
Contents for Opera Now
Bryn Terfel (Photo © Sheila Rock / Deutsche Grammophon)
- New horizons at 50
Welsh operatic superstar Bryn Terfel turns 50 later this year. We take stock of a living legend as he prepares to sing Tevye in Grange Park Opera’s Fiddler on the Roof
- A weekend in...
London – the UK’s sweepingly cosmopolitan and ultra-cultured capital
- Keep up the good work
ENO may be going through a turbulent time but the company’s success speaks for itself, says Robert Thicknesse
- Making the A-list
Opera Now introduces the Finalists of this year’s International Opera Awards
- Critical thinking
Changing attitudes to promiscuity have altered our experience of Mozart’s Don Giovanni, argues Michael Tanner
- Live reviews
ENO scores a triumph with Wagner’s Mastersingers | Giselle Allen’s Salome wows audiences in Belfast | Near-perfect casting for Bellini’s I puritani in Florence | Tchaikovsky and Bartók make strange bedfellows at the Met | More new productions in London, Glasgow, Leeds, Berlin, Giessen and Brussels
- Michael White explores the complex love-hate relationship between opera houses and their critics…
- Producer Abigail Toland makes the case for involving audiences in the creation of new opera