Read all the latest news or see individual stories by clicking the links below.
- Benjamin wins British Composer Award
Written on Skin tops Stage Works category
- Sony to record new Mozart Da Ponte trilogy
Maestro Teodor Currentzis promises a 'radical' interpretation
- Opera & Music Theatre Forum maps out the future of opera
London conference asks 'What will the world look like in 2030'?
- Budapest's Erkel Theatre to reopen after refurbishment
Affordable ticket prices expected to appeal to new audiences
- Opera Now's Montblanc competition winner
New Zealand-based tenor Chris Berentson
Contents for Opera Now
Marina Rebeka (Photo: Amati Bacciardi)
- Cover feature
The radiant, deeply passionate Latvian soprano Marina Rebeka describes her tentative first steps in opera, the breakthrough that projected her to stardom and her penchant for playing Verdi’s Violetta
- Postcard from...
Russia – where an eventful year has seen a regime change at Moscow’s Bolshoi Theatre and the opening of the Mariinsky’s second opera house in St Petersburg
- Festival of Britten
We survey the achievements of Opera North’s Britten centenary celebrations
- Review of the year
A look back over the operatic highlights of 2013, including the birth anniversaries of Wagner, Verdi and Britten
- One Ring to rule them all?
Robert Turnbull picks out some notable successes and failures of Wagner stagings in 2013 and contemplates the shape of Rings to come…
- Live reviews
World premiere: A Harlot’s Progress in Vienna | Verdi’s Vêpres siciliennes at Covent Garden | English Touring Opera stages three Baroque operas | Focus on France and Italy | More new productions in Budapest and Glasgow
Opera Now's international guide to the best live performances this winter
- Become an instant expert on Musorgsky's Boris Godunov
- Epilogue: Opera Now’s new cryptic crossword and quick-fire quiz page for opera lovers