Read all the latest news or see individual stories by clicking the links below.
- Fabio Luisi named music director designate of Maggio Musicale FiorentinoHe will launch his tenure as music director in April 2018 for an initial period of five years.
- ENO chorus to be balloted over industrial actionThe chorus members are facing a 25% cut to their salaries and the loss of four jobs, but Equity's head of live performance Hilary Hadley suggested that a 61% cut is more likely in light of the information provided by ENO.
- Leading opera figures protest plans for a 'part-time' ENOA change.org petition is asking the board of English National Opera 'to reconsider its plans to turn the company into a part-time organisation'.
- Erato signs Marianne Crebassa
The French mezzo-soprano has signed an exclusive recording contract.
- ENO Chorus expecting 25% pay cut
The union Equity has confirmed that the English National Opera Chorus has been told to expect a 25% pay cut and the loss of at least four jobs.
Contents for Opera Now
Paolo Bordogna (© Studio Amati Bacciardi)
- Funny business
The Italian bass-baritone Paolo Bordogna is on a mission to elevate the art of the basso buffo, bringing out the humanity and pathos in characters who tend to be dismissed as buffoons
- Boy wonders
Opera Now puts the spotlight on ten of the most promising baritones in a new generation of young talent
- Sheer imperfection
The off-key singing of Florence Forster Jenkins attracted legions of adoring fans. We contemplate the reasons for her enduring appeal
- Travel preview
Opera Now’s globetrotting correspondents offer their pick of the most rewarding experiences of opera around the world, from the Arctic to the Andes
- Company profile
La Monnaie/De Munt – Brussels’ award-wining Royal Theatre with a reputation for constant innovation
- Michael White gets hot under the collar about Puccini’s ‘Overcoat’ aria
- Turn your smartphone into a hi-fi with the Chord Mojo