Read all the latest news or see individual stories by clicking the links below.
- Opera Holland Park announces independenceOpera Holland Park (OHP) has formally become an independent charity. The change in status comes after nearly 20 years as a department of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
- WNO announces new music directorCzech conductor Tomáš Hanus will take up the position in autumn 2016.
- San Francisco Opera announces next general director
Matthew Shilvock will succeed David Gockley as general director on 1 August 2016.
- ENO formalises Brünjes’ and Pollock’s positionsEnglish National Opera has appointed Harry Brünjes as chairman and Cressida Pollock as chief executive officer, effective immediately.
- Paris Opera strike continues
A message posted on the website of the Opéra de Paris confirmed that tonight's performance of Rameau's Platée will not be going ahead. The cancellation is due to a strike called by the FSU trade union.
Contents for Opera Now
Bryan Hymel (Photo: Dario Acosta)
- Playing the hero
The New Orleans-born tenor Bryan Hymel describes his steady and fearless ascent to the treacherously high peaks of 19th-century French opera
- Thrills and trills
We look in on rehearsals for Gothenburg’s new Hitchcock-inspired Notorious
- Ladies first
The earliest-known opera by a woman composer comes to Brighton
- Screen test
Metropolitan Opera general director Peter Gelb looks ahead to the company’s 10th season of cinema relays
- Dodging the brickbats
Robert Thicknesse considers the real reasons for the recent boos at Covent Garden
- Seasonal riches
Opera Now’s raft of international correspondents introduce their pick of the autumn-winter season
- Going for gold
Competition reports from Moscow, Amsterdam and London
- Critical thinking
Love, freedom and fate in Bizet’s Carmen