Read all the latest news or see individual stories by clicking the links below.
- Operatic music spanning 400 years at the Proms 2015
Jonas Kaufmann and Danielle de Niese add star quality to this year's line-up
- London's Royal Opera House announces new season
Classic works draw in new audiences alongside contemporary tales of suicide and the gay underworld
- Rhinegold Charity Fund 2015/16 recipients announced
YCAT and Live Music Now to share advertising worth £10k
- ENO appoints McKinsey’s Cressida Pollock as interim chief executive
Beleaguered London company pledges to 'rely less on public subsidy'
- Preview – Don Giovanni at sea
Oliver Mears directs a new production of Mozart’s opera in Bergen
Contents for Opera Now
Edgaras Montvidas (Photo: Monika Penkute)
- A tenor for our times
Tall, dark and handsome, Lithuanian-born Edgaras Montvidas is perfect for opera’s romantic tenor leads, but says that when it comes to his voice, he’s ‘neither fish nor fowl’
- A weekend in...
Riga – the Baltics’ largest city has a proud operatic culture and strong tradition of singing
- Flower power
British soprano Carolyn Sampson introduces her new CD of songs inspired by flowers
- Festivals 2015
Opera Now’s pick of the summer season, from the refinement of country house opera in England to the natural spectacle of stagings in the deserts of Israel and the US
- Rhinegold TV
An interview with the American baritone Nathan Gunn launches our new online channel
- Live reviews
Danish National Opera pioneers ‘democratic opera’ | Superb casting in ETO’s new Bohème | Peter Sellars’ thought-provoking Indian Queen comes to ENO | More new productions in London, Cardiff, Glasgow, Leeds, Antwerp and Florida
- Can Mozart’s Così fan tutte still teach us anything about relationships?
- Michael White looks back to a golden age of opera on TV