Read all the latest news or see individual stories by clicking the links below.
- Joyce DiDonato launches Opera RocksThe free online newsletter for high school students will be funded by the mezzo-soprano.
- DiDonato Juilliard masterclass to be live streamedThe masterclass will take place from 4-6pm on the Juilliard's live streaming channel.
- Galina Averina wins Bampton Opera young singers' competitionThe Russian soprano wins a prize of £1,500.
- Glyndebourne appoints Sebastian Schwarz as general directorSchwarz will take up the new role in May 2016, becoming the opera company’s seventh general director.
- ACE grants ENO extra year of fundingArts Council England is to extend funding for English National Opera until 2018. The opera house will receive an extra £12.38m while remaining under special monitoring arrangements.
Contents for Opera Now
Philippe Jaroussky (Photo: Simon Fowler)
- Colouring in
The French countertenor Philippe Jaroussky has won many fans for his exceptional artistry and unusual voice. We discover the secrets of his success
- Sound effects
Conductor René Jacobs discusses his fresh approach to recording Mozart’s operas
- Beginners please
The joys and challenges of new opera for young performers
- Europe united
Introducing ENOA – a European platform for young opera professionals
Michael White wonders why opera singers can’t act
- Moscow's Helikon Opera returns to its redeveloped home
- Psychological complexity in Verdi’s Don Carlo