Jonathan Plowright4 February 2016
Thursday 4 February 2016 | 6.15pm drinks reception | 7.00pm recital
Hailed by reviewers as “a colossal musical mind” with a “transcendent technique”, Jonathan Plowright is recognised globally as a truly exceptional pianist.
This recital coincided with the launch of Brahms vol. 3 – the third disc in his acclaimed series with Swedish label BIS. Jonathan’s earlier Brahms releases received widespread critical acclaim, earning him 5-star reviews across BBC Music Magazine and Gramophone, an ‘Outstanding’ Award from International Record Review and ‘Editors Choice’ in ABC Limelight magazine; his interpretations compared to the likes of Lupu, Katchen, Arrau and Pires.
- Brahms: Rhapsody in B minor Op.79 No.1
- Mozart: Variations on “Ah, vous dirai-je, Maman”
- Brahms: Ballade Op.10 No.4
- Paderewski: from Humoresques de Concert Op.14
- Chopin: Scherzo No.2 in Bb minor Op.31
The concert was followed by an informal Q&A, conducted by Owen Mortimer, editor of International Piano magazine.