Carolyn Sampson & Joseph Middleton: Kornblumen by Richard Strauss29/04/2015
With a voice that ‘combines pinpoint purity with an engaging warmth and beauty’ (Opera Now, April 2015), British soprano Carolyn Sampson officially launched her debut solo recital disc ‘Fleurs’ (BIS Records) at April’s Rhinegold LIVE.
The soprano, best known for her interpretations of early music, was joined by pianist Joseph Middleton to perform a selection of romantic songs inspired by flowers.
- Carolyn Sampson & Joseph Middleton: Les roses d’Isaphan by Gabriel Fauré
- Carolyn Sampson & Joseph Middleton: The Nightingale and the Rose by Benjamin Britten
- Carolyn Sampson & Joseph Middleton: Schneeglöckchen by Robert Schumann
- Mary Bevan: Schweig einmal still by Hugo Wolf
- Mary Bevan: Love’s Philosophy by Roger Quilter
- Mary Bevan: Salley Gardens by Benjamin Britten
- Mary Bevan: Echo by Richard Peirson