As of today (11 February 2019), applications are now open to join City Music Foundation’s two-year CMF Artist programme.
CMF’s mission is to turn exceptional musical talent into professional success by equipping outstanding musicians with the tools, skills, experience and networks necessary for building and sustaining rewarding and profitable careers. Current and previous artists include A4 Brass Quartet, Lotte Betts-Dean (mezzo-soprano), Tabea Debus (recorders), Foyle-Štšura Duo (violin & piano), Andrey Lebedev (guitar), Ligeti Quartet, Misha Mullov-Abbado (jazz double bass) and Emily Sun (violin).
Applications are welcome from classical, jazz, folk and world musicians – both soloists and ensembles – to join the scheme beginning in September 2019. Those selected will enjoy:
- A series of tailored professional development workshops
- Business mentoring from senior business-people through collaborations with city firms
- Artistic mentoring from established, acclaimed international performers, including opportunities for collaboration
- Performance opportunities in CMF-produced events, festivals and residencies
- Promotional tools such as high-quality photos, a bespoke website, videos and professional recordings
- Day-to-day access to the artist manager, who works like an agent to secure live concert bookings and media appearances
- Additional support with individual projects and commissioning.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 3 April 2019, 12pm.
Apply here: www.citymusicfoundation.org/apply