Aurora Orchestra unveils 2019/20 season11:57, 11th September 2019
Aurora Orchestra has announced its 2019/20 London season with a special season brochure photo book, ‘Living Music’, featuring portraits shot by Jim Hinson of Aurora players and collaborators as superfans.
Highlights of the season include:
- Orchestral Theatre productions including Berlioz’s Symphonie fantastique from memory and an exploration of the rise and fall of Napoleon
- Aurora’s Mozart piano concerto cycle builds to its final year at Kings Place
- Commissions by Charlotte Bray and Sir James MacMillan
- A celebration of Beethoven’s 250th anniversary with performances of his First Symphony and memorised performances of the ‘Pastoral’ and ‘Eroica’
- Guest artists including Angela Hewitt, Ingrid Fliter, Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Imogen Cooper, Leonidas Kavakos, Nicola Benedetti, Ronald Brautigam, Amy Dickson, Nicholas Angelich, Tom Poster and Natalie Clein
- Informal late-night Lock-In events
- Far, Far Away storytelling concerts for young children and families
Further information on the season can be found here.