Classical Opera and The Mozartists announce 2018-19 season10:06, 4th July 2018
Classical Opera and The Mozartists have revealed their 2018-19 season with artistic director Ian Page.
- Modern-day premiere of the original version of Mozart’s Bastien und Bastienne at Wigmore Hall
- ‘1769: a year in music’: a musical overview of 1769, as part of The Mozartists’ annual MOZART 250 series, with works by Mozart, Arne, Gluck, L. Mozart, Haydn, Paisiello and Grétry
- UK premiere of Hasse’s Piramo e Tisbe at Cadogan Hall
- Gluck’s Bauci e Filemone and Orfeo at the Queen Elizabeth Hall
- Exploration of Mozart’s travels across Europe at Wigmore Hall with associate artist Louise Alder
Ian Page, founder and artistic director, said: ‘As with 1766, 1769 was an uncharacteristically sparse year for Mozart as a composer, but with MOZART 250 this again gives us an opportunity to look a little wider at what was happening elsewhere in the musical world.
‘I’m delighted that our 2018-19 season includes UK premieres of Hasse’s fascinating Piramo e Tisbe and Gluck’s 1769 revised version of his seminal Orfeo ed Euridice, as well as the first performance since its premiere of the original version of Mozart’s Bastien und Bastienne, to coincide with a new recording.’