Festival co-founders Renaud Capuçon and Dominique Bluzet
Festival de Pâques returns for 20205:47, 23rd January 2020
From 4 – 19 April 2020, Festival de Pâques will return to Aix-en-Provence with a programme to include 29 concerts, 965 artists and two world premieres.
Founded by artistic director Renaud Capuçon and Dominique Bluzet, director of Les Théâtres Aix-Marseille, the festival promises to bring some of the world’s greatest classical musicians to the heart of Provence.
Highlights for 2020 include:
- Performances from Renaud Capuçon, Bertrand Chamayou, Anne-Sofie Mutter, Beatrice Rana, Isabelle Faust, Quatuor Ebene, Philippe Jaroussky and more
- World premieres from Jorg Widmann and 2020 featured composer Nicolas Bacri
- St. John Passion with Marc Minkowski and Les Musiciens du Louvre
- World-renowned orchestras and conductors such as the London Philharmonic Orchestra and Vladimir Jurowski, and the Orchestre du Mariinsky and Valery Gergiev
- Free concerts and masterclasses in schools and in the street
- A platform for young artists, Generation Aix
With the support of CIC Bank, Festival de Pâques is the largest festival in France to be fully supported by private funding, with audience figures topping the 30,000 mark for 2019’s festival.
For further information and full listings visit www.festivalpaques.com.