Photo credit: Morley von Sternberg
Guildhall School of Music & Drama announces autumn 2019 season3:31, 29th July 2019
Guildhall School of Music & Drama has announced its music and live events season for autumn 2019.
- Showcases of new music: Guildhall Session Orchestra performs newly commissioned music for the Illuminated River Project; an evening of works by head of composition Julian Philips; and a residency from Quatuor Bozzini
- Alice Farnham conducts Haydn’s rarely performed La Fedeltà Premiata
- Concerts in Barbican Hall featuring works by Rachmaninov, Gershwin and Duke Ellington; Sibelius and Mahler
- Guildhall School musicians perform alongside international artists including Alison Balsom, Richard Tognetti, Thomas Søndergård and Julian Joseph
- Live events including video projection and light & sound installation projects at Museum of London, Tower Bridge and Hestercombe Gardens
- Almunna Lucy Parham’s original composer portrait of Clara Schumann, performed in the composer’s bicentenary year, with narrators Lesley Sharp and Sir Simon Russell Beale
- Collaborations with the London Symphony Orchestra, Australian Chamber Orchestra and BBC Symphony Orchestra
- Guest artists including Sir Willard White, Kirill Gerstein, Joan Rodgers CBE and members of the Los Angeles Philharmonic – working with Guildhall musicians in public masterclasses
For further information and booking visit www.gsmd.ac.uk.
Subscribe to Classical Music magazine in print, digital or bundle format now to get more news, features and information. Click here for more details on our fantastic offers!