Guildhall School of Music & Drama announces summer 2019 season10:30, 3rd April 2019
Guildhall School of Music & Drama has announced its summer 2019 season, beginning this month and featuring a variety of festivals, concerts and masterclasses by a host of prestigious artists.
- The first Festival of Classical Improvisation presented by Guildhall School’s Centre for Creative Performance and Classical Improvisation in collaboration with Imperial College London
- The final of Guildhall School’s most prestigious award, The Gold Medal, this year showcasing four singers – mezzo-soprano Ema Nikolovska, bass William Thomas, soprano Samantha Clarke and baritone James Newby
- The Museum of London, in partnership with Guildhall School, presents Beasts of London: a state of the art, immersive and digital experience taking visitors on a journey through time, from before London was created through to the present day
- The inaugural concert from the alumni-based Guildhall Session Orchestra
- Guildhall’s second summer Chamber Music Festival: three days of collaborative student-professor performances
- A double bill of Handel’s Aminta e Fillide and John Blow’s Venus and Adonis presented by Guildhall’s opera department
- Ten performances of Sondheim’s Merrily We Roll Along, the school’s first production of the musical since giving its 1983 European premiere
- A host of prestigious guest artists – including pianist Kevin Murphy, composer Judith Weir and the Delta Saxophone Quartet – working with Guildhall musicians in public masterclasses
- Collaborations including four LSO Platforms pre-concert performances by Guildhall artists, and a side-by-side concert with the London Symphony Orchestra conducted by Sir Simon Rattle
For further information and ticket booking visit www.gsmd.ac.uk.