London Guitar Festival celebrates 15th anniversary2:19, 21st October 2019
The London Guitar Festival, now in its 15th year, takes place at Kings Place this weekend (25 – 27 October 2019) with a series of concerts, talks and workshops bringing new music and new experiences into focus.
Highlights for 2019 include:
- Performances from internationally renowned classical guitarists such as David Russell and flamenco guitarists Antonia Jiménez, Afra Rubino and Bettina Flater
- Premieres of new works by composers Errollyn Wallen, Laura Snowden and Graham Lynch
- Venus and the Guitar: a full day of events focused on women and the guitar, including a free workshop on composing guitar for girls and young women under 18 with composers Effy and Litha Efthymiou; a panel discussion, ‘Women and the Guitar’, led by Thérèse Wassily Saba as panel chair; a Venus and the Guitar concert given by Laura Snowden, Amanda Cook, Kevin Cahill, VIDA Guitar Quartet and the G Plus Ensemble performing the works of women composers including Anna Meredith and Charlotte Bray
- ‘Big Night of the Guitar’ includes the finals of the London International Guitar Competition 2019 and a performance from 2018 winner Emmanuele Sowicz
- The Young Artist Platform (YAP) concert series, which aims to support the careers of young guitarists in the phase between music education and the concert platform
For further information and the full programme visit www.igf.org.uk/london-guitar-festival-2019.