The Mozartists and Classical Opera announce 2019/20 season9:37, 10th July 2019
Ian Page and the Mozartists have announced their 2019/20 season, following their recent season finale at Wigmore Hall on 8 July.
The 2019/20 season presented by The Mozartists/Classical Opera opens on 19 September 2019 with a concert featuring soprano Regula Mühlemann at Wigmore Hall.
More season highlights include:
- Performances in Birmingham, Paris and Sicily as well as three London concert halls
- MOZART 250 series, an exploration of Mozart’s life, music and influences performed over 27 years, continues with Mozart in Italy and a retrospective of 1770
- Concert performances of Così fan tutte
- Guest soloists include singers Chiara Skerath, Benjamin Appl and fortepianist Ronald Brautigam
- Mozart’s Keys combines operatic arias with major orchestral works in a three-concert series over several seasons built around the keys which most inspired Mozart, beginning in April 2020
- First volume of a six-CD series of recordings devoted to Sturm und Drang to be released on Signum Classics
- Mozart’s Czech Mates concludes the season in July 2020 at Wigmore Hall with a programme exploring Mozart’s links and friendships with Bohemian composers who had moved to Vienna
Conductor and artistic director Ian Page comments: ‘Our programme strikes a careful balance between great masterpieces and forgotten treasures, and we have assembled an outstanding line-up of soloists.’
For further information visit www.classicalopera.co.uk.