The Two Moors Festival returns for its 19th year from 11 – 20 October 2019.
Taking place in 15 locations across Exmoor and Dartmoor, the festival brings together more than 300 performers in a celebration of classical music featuring leading musicians such as Imogen Cooper, the Elias Quartet and Roderick Williams.
Other highlights include:
- Ashley Riches and Joseph Middleton launch the festival with an animal-themed programme
- Dame Sarah Connolly sings Gluck and Handel with the English Concert, conducted by Harry Bicket
- Performances from the winners of the festival’s Young Musician of the Year competition (Amelie Donovan, flute; Isabella Farleigh, cello; Daisy Hickson, clarinet; Ella Leonard, oboe; Rachel Stonham, violin)
- Concert Dinner featuring singers Lorena Paz Nieto and Malachy Frame with pianist Harvey Davies
- The festival’s partnership with Wells Cathedral School continues with performances from the Wells Cathedral School Brass Quintet and Saxophone Quartet
Penny Adie MBE, founder and creative director of the festival, comments: ‘This year’s concerts feature a complete mix of performers, from a clutch of fledgling artists to many more at the pinnacle of global careers. We would welcome all to join us in experiencing incredible music in remarkable venues.’
Tickets go on general sale tomorrow (Thursday 18 July) and can be purchased at www.twomoorsfestival.co.uk or by calling the Box Office on 01392 665885.