Free Headteachers’ Guide to Music Education launched today10:00, 7th January 2021
Today we launch our downloadable Headteachers’ Guide to Music Education in partnership with sister magazines Headteacher Update and SecEd, and sponsored by ABRSM.
The guide is a free 14-page downloadable supplement filled with advice and ideas for how music can be used by headteachers as a tool for management in a happy and progressive school.
Inside the supplement you will find five insightful features written by music educators:
- The power of music – Deputy head Anna Wilby details the benefits that music can bring to your school
- Leading with diversity – Practical steps you can take to ensure your musical opportunities are open to all
- Digital landscape – Get up to speed with the tech in your music department
- Music and the home – Nurturing the unique triangle of school, home and student
- Looking to industry – Strengthen your school with a partner in the music business
Thomas Lydon, interim editor of Music Teacher, said, ‘We hope that you might come away with a sense of the dividends that nurturing your music teachers and music students will bring. If you invest in your music department, it will pay you back a hundred times over. May you thrive in these difficult times, and have a great soundtrack along the way.’
Chris Cobb, the incoming CEO of ABRSM, said, ‘I’m delighted to be given this platform to recognise the invaluable contribution of class teachers and peripatetic staff who teach music and work across entire school communities transforming young lives.
‘I look forward to working with you all in the coming years and, in the meantime, hope that this supplement can inspire and support the musical journey of your school community.’
To download the free supplement, click here.