Violinist Nicola Benedetti will host the sessions
Nicola Benedetti to host free online tutorials4:47, 5th May 2020
Violinist Nicola Benedetti will host tutorial sessions for musicians of all ages during the coronavirus lockdown.
The Virtual Benedetti Sessions hope to offer organisations across the world a project to engage with together and to provide uplift and excitement. Programmes of activity will be available for young musicians, conservatoire and university level music students, instrumental teachers, adult learners, non-instrumentalists, amateur musicians, parents and siblings over three weeks from 11 May.
The sessions will work towards a final weekend of activity on 30 and 31 May celebrating the coming together of the global music community.
The Grand Finale will take place on Sunday 31 May at 4pm.
The Sessions, will be available on YouTube, Zoom and across social media platforms and will be led by Nicola Benedetti and her expert Foundation team of tutors and ambassadors. They will provide:
- regular seminars and presentations
- general musicianship activities so all young people can join in regardless of whether they play an instrument
- fundamental principles providing a transformative, fun, exciting and substantive experience
- structured lessons and support
- a series of workshops in physical and mental wellbeing
- two live instrumental teachers’ sessions per week
- a weekly live session for conservatoire and university music students allowing them the opportunity to speak with and learn from inspirational figures in the music world
- two weekly sessions for parents to offer the opportunity to chat with our tutors giving advice and tips on supporting their children’s learning at home
Benedetti said: “This is a difficult time for everyone – the pandemic has affected every corner of our lives. I have a desire to make sure we are being as active as possible in the most helpful and serious way.
“The first Virtual Benedetti Sessions will offer anyone who wants to get involved the opportunity to be inspired, to work towards a goal and to come together. We hope for a collective moment, not just of music appreciation, but a sort of meditation and reflection of these unparalleled times whilst, of course celebrating the wonderful and collective achievement of young musicians all over the world.”
Musicians are able to sign up until 9pm on Thursday (7 May) at www.benedettifoundation.org/virtualsessions