Don Giovanni opens the ROH 2019/20 cinema season
Royal Opera House announces 2019/20 cinema season9:59, 4th September 2019
The Royal Opera House has announced its 2019/20 cinema season. 13 opera and ballet productions will be broadcast to 600 cinemas across the UK.
The season launches on Tuesday 8 October 2019 with a screening of Mozart’s Don Giovanni, directed by Kasper Holten in a co-production with Israeli Opera, Gran Teatre del Liceu and Houston Grand Opera. Erwin Schott sings the title role.
Further opera screenings are as follows:
- Donizetti’s Don Pasquale directed by Damiano Michieletto with Bryn Terfel in the title role and Olga Peretyatko as Norina (24 & 27 October 2019)
- Puccini’s La bohème directed by Richard Jones and starring Sonya Yoncheva as Mimì and Charles Castronovo as Rodolfo (29 January & 2 February 2020)
- Beethoven’s Fidelio in a new production by Tobias Kratzer. Antonio Pappano conducts Jonas Kaufmann as Florestan and Lise Davidsen as Leonore (17 & 22 March 2020)
- Cavalleria rusticana (Mascagni) / Pagliacci (Leoncavallo) in Damiano Michieletto’s Olivier Award-winning production, with Roberto Alagna and Aleksandra Kurzak (21 & 26 April 2020)
- Strauss’ Elektra directed by Christof Loy and starring Nina Stemme in the title role and Karita Mattila as Klytämnestra (18 & 21 June 2020)