UCAS give top tips for writing a personal statement5:26, 21st December 2011
UCAS have released their top tips for writing a personal statement. The advice comes as the application deadline to apply for higher education approaches. Sunday 15th January is the last day to apply to college or university for 2012.
Adviser Ross Sanger said: ‘My major tip is to show your ambitions and desires for wanting to do the course. Put across your passion in as much detail as possible. At the end of the day, you need to be doing something that you really like.’
The personal statement is the one of the trickiest parts of the application process. Visit www.ucas.com for more information.
UCAS’s top ten tips for writing a personal statement
1. Express interest in the subject and show real passion
2. Strong opening line to grab the reader’s attention
3. Relate outside interests to the course
4. Think beyond university
5. Get the basics right
6. Don’t try to sound too clever
7. Take time and make it your best work
8. Don’t leave it until the last minute
9. Get a second opinion
10. Honesty is the best policy